Just few usefull tips before you start the project of building of a carport.
Starting a Carport project is a very important step. There are few things that an owner has to do and few decisions to make. The right Carport kit solution can be a great addition to the house and improve its value. In the same time a wrong carport design can make some damage to the appearance. It is not obvious that the cheapest carport kit would be the best option. A better idea is to do your homework and to research the market and to fing a carport kit that woild suit your house and your budget.
1. Check your future carport site for possible underground lines: sewer lines, power, water etc. Try to stay away from the sewer line for at least 2 m, if possible. Sometimes you can put the posts at 2 m from the sewer, but the carport may be overhanging over it.
2. Check the measurements of your future carport: width, length, make sure the site is square. For that check the measurements between the corners (diagonals). In a square (rectalgular) carport they should be equal. (Click here for our standard carport sizes.)
3. Check the height of your carport. The standard height is 2400 mm or 2700 mm. The height is usually measured from the ground to the ceiling of the kit. For a double carport the A-pex height is about 1200 mm (with pitch of 20 Deg). You might want to match the pitch of your carport kit with the pitch of your house if possible.
4. Check if there is any power lines over the site. You might need to rase them before you start building the carport. Or you might consider relocating the kit.
5. Choose the shape of the roof. The three most common shapes are: Gable (two side pitched roof), Hip (four sides roof like a pyramid) and Dutch Gable (a combination of a Hip and two Gables). Usualy the gable carport is a cheaper option - it is easier to manufacture and to install it. See more carport kits here.
6. Choose the posts for your carport kit. A double carport usually comes on 4 posts, but you can use more if required. Standard posts are galvanized 75 x 75 mm. For the Premium carports 100 x 100 mm posts can be used. Posts can be powder coated if required. There are some other options like having the posts dressed in timber or boxed in.
7. Your carport can be attached to your house via roof brackets of some other ways. Please consult your company representative if you would like more information about it. Contact our friendly team to arrange a free inspection and quote, click here.
8. Choose materials for the roof of your carport. We recommend to use Metal Tile roofing sheets to match the tiled roof of your house. See more information about Metal tile roofing sheets here.
9. If you need to see the carport kit assembly instruction click here.
10. If you have more questions, please contact our friendly representative to discuss your project and get a free quote for your carport.
Easy Tiled Carports Brisbane will manufacture a carport kit for your project and deliver it to your site in QLD, NSW and Victoria. We can offer you a standard size carport kit or will custom made it. Do not hesitate to ask us any of your questions.